Practically anyone can benefit from using a Teeter on a regular basis. Most normally healthy individuals are able to invert. Be sure to check with your doctor before starting any exercise program and refer to the contraindications list below.
Conditions applying to inversion devices (also included in the product Owner’s Manual)
DO NOT use until approved by a licensed physician. Inversion is contraindicated in any medical or health condition that may be made more severe by an elevation of blood pressure, intracranial pressure or mechanical stress of the inverted position, or that may impact your ability to operate the equipment. This may include injury or illness, but also the side effects of any drug or supplement (prescribed or over-the-counter). Specific conditions may include, but not be limited to:
- Any condition, neurological or otherwise, which results in unexplained tingling, weakness or neuropathy, seizure, sleep disorder, lightheadedness, dizziness, disorientation, or fatigue, or impacts strength, mobility, alertness, or cognitive ability;
- Any brain condition, such as trauma, history of intracranial bleed, history or risk of TIA or stroke, or severe headaches;
- Any condition of the heart or circulatory system, such as high blood pressure, hypertension, increased risk of stroke, or use of anticoagulants (including high doses of aspirin);
- Any bone, skeletal or spinal cord condition or injury, such as significant spinal curvature, acutely swollen joints, osteoporosis, fractures, dislocations, medullary pins or surgically implanted orthopedic supports;
- Any eye, ear, nasal or balance condition, such as trauma, history of retinal detachment, glaucoma, optic hypertension, chronic sinusitis, middle or inner ear disease, motion sickness, or vertigo;
- Any digestive or internal condition, such as severe acid reflux, hiatal or other hernia, gallbladder or kidney disease;
- Any condition for which exercise is specifically directed, limited or prohibited by a physician, such as pregnancy, obesity, or recent surgery.