Commitment to Quality
What does it mean when a product is UL Listed?
UL marks are found on many different types of consumer goods indicating that they have met the safety testing and certification process created for that product category of product by Underwriters Laboratories Inc. (UL).
"Underwriters Laboratories Inc. (UL) is an independent, not-for-profit product safety testing and certification organization. We have tested products for public safety for more than a century. Each year, more than 17 billion UL Marks are applied to products worldwide."
© Copyright 2002 Underwriter's Laboratories, Inc. *UL is not affiliated with Teeter and does not endorse this web site.
Why should all inversion tables be UL Listed?
Currently there are no adequate government regulations to effectively oversee the structural integrity or reliable function of inversion tables. While an inversion table review is beneficial, a UL symbol is necessary to ensure quality. The market is vulnerable to inversion tables and other inversion products that are manufactured with inferior quality standards. In fact, in recent years there have been several major recalls
prompted by consumer injuries.
UL has introduced a new safety testing and certification requirement specifically for inversion tables in UL 1647
, UL's Standard for Safety for Massage and Exercise Machines. These testing specifications are designed to test the unique function of the inversion table and simulate "real world" use. Teeter offers the only inversion tables on the market that are listed to UL 1647 specifications. Notable tests that are part of UL 1647 are:
- 30,000 simulated user cycle testing on key components under maximum body weight: The ankle closure, foot platform and rotation from upright to full inversion are tested to ensure no failure.
- Mechanical strength testing dependent on factors of maximum body weight ratings (4 times safety factor for inversion table) - tested at horizontal and vertical positions.
- Required elements to prevent unintentional rotation beyond a maximum angle: "End-Stop Test" inverts table with maximum user weight at maximum speed until collision against the crossbar 50 times to ensure structural integrity under extreme conditions.
- Stability testing at various loads and stages of inversion.
- Required means of returning users upright.
- Uniform label and warning guidelines.
- Unscheduled UL follow-up inspections at the factory every quarter by UL inspectors to determine whether a manufacturer is continuing to manufacture products in accordance with the standard requirements.
*All of Teeter's home-use inversion tables models are 1647 UL Listed.
Robyn - Australia
"The first time I used it I had instant relief in my lumbar and hips. I felt so good I wanted to tell EVERYONE! Now, when i hurt I can always depend on my Teeter to give me relief!"